Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's Easy Being Green Challenge

For a long time now, I've been trying to live a life that is friendly to both myself and the environment. But lately I've been feeling that what I do won't make a big difference and that nothing I do can be 100% friendly to the environment so why bother working so hard at it. I lost excitement for "going Green". I thought that I had to, overnight, have zero impact on the environment. Now I'm back on track with the realization that I don't have to be 100% Green overnight; one little bit at a time will get me there.

My ultimate goal? Be as close to 100% Green LIving as possible. My goal today? Do just one little thing to get me there.

So what did I do today? I bought PC Green Unbleached Coffee FIlters (I couldn't find a mesh basket but will keep looking. Promise.).

Take the It's Easy Being Green Challenge. You'll be making a big difference one tiny act at a time.

Spread the word. Invite your friends and family to the challenge. That could be your little change for today! And, post your tips here so that everyone can do the little things that you're doing. That could be your little change for tomorrow! See, it's easy being Green! I look forward to your comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day I bring home compostable food from work, such as banana peels, napkins etc and put it in my compost at home.

Anonymous said...

I try to use the machines at the gym that are powered by me.

Anonymous said...

When the batteries in the kids toys don't work anymore, I don't throw them out. A lot of times these games require a lot of juice in batteries, which means, there is actually plenty juice left for a less needy game or item. I use them in clocks, or little flashlights, something that requires much less power!