Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yard — a word worth a 1000 pictures (#89-99)

Today I was home at noon so I thought I'd see what goes on in the yard midday. Turns out, a lot!

Picture #89: First White Petunia of the season.


Picture #90: Cute little black, orange and red bug. Care to name him?


Picture #91: Awesome lazy dragonfly. This fella was so rested that nothing could move him.


Picture #92: Close-up on dragonfly head. I love my little camera. I can get quite good resolution and detail with it.


Picture #93: Close-up on dragonfly wing.


Picture #94: Close-up on the place where all 4 wings connect to the body.


Picture #95: Close-up on dragonfly leg. Quite bristly!


Picture #96: Close-up on dragonfly tail.


Picture #97: Video of said dragonfly. This guy was so rested that I could gently poke at him and he wouldn't fly off! (26 seconds)


Picture #98: Dragonfly now on my arm! After having no success moving this fellow, I turned away to leave and he decided to fly to my arm! Dragonflies are so cool.


Picture #99: Spidey with silk-wrapped insect. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks it's lunch. I better go see what's in the cupboard....

No comments: